Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Love

“Love is created not by words but by feelings, not by humans but by hearts. It is better expressed in deeds than in words, for love has not definition, only existence”


To define what faces does love has in the poems is to define the different tone each poem created. Apparently, the face of jealousy, of sorrow and of pain was the only ones I found in the poems.

Rossetti’s poem “song” talks about sorrow and pain. On the first look, one may initiate the sense of death as the cause of sorrow and pain in the poem. One may say somebody is dying and she does not want her lover to mourn for /her. She wanted her lover to go on with his life. On the other hand, the poem may not be about physical death but an emotional death. The poem may talk about letting go where someone want to be set free and to simply let her lover’s feelings for her to fade away. She doesn’t want her lover to be imprisoned in sorrow (lines 2-4) instead she wants him to make afresh start (lines 5-6) wherein their memories together be forgotten (lines 7-8).

The second stanza notifies the reasons why she wants to be free. She does not want to experience anymore of the shadows, the rain and the painful songs she had in their relationship (lines 9-12). And, a much as possible she doesn’t want to remember (lines 15-16) their stagnant relationship which never vision out future (lines 13-14).

Both lovers felt sorrow and pain out of love. The person who wants freedom felt sorrow and pain in their relationship. However, she still sympathized to her lover when she asked her not to suffer her goodbyes. Both of them felt the hurt when the decision of parting was made.
William Blake’s poem “My Pretty Rose –Tree” only justifies that man choose to love and not accidentally falls in love. Man loves the person because he chose to and not because he simply felt in love one of the days in his life. Nevertheless, the man’s verdict brought up jealousy and sorrow as the tone for the entire poem.



The man was tempted by a wonderful offer – something or someone that may never happened again. However, he turned it off because he is sincerely in love with someone else. With much openness and loyalty he told his special someone what happened. Out of jealousy, she left him, leaving only pain to his heart.



The poem informs us that people choose to love, however sometimes though we try to tend this love with care and compassion things turned differently from what we expected. This truth only bears us great sorrow and pain.


Relation to your life…

I’m not in a relationship or in a courtship situation; however, I can sympathized to both first characters in both poems. The first poems transpires a woman who wants to break free from a painful and sad relationship maybe because she‘s not happy anymore. I was once in a courtship where I can barely tell that person that I had enough of his kindness and sweetness. The persistence and the efforts he made only add pain to my heart because I can’t return those. I stretched my patience and understanding but I thought the situation has to stop. It was painful to hurt other people, who do not deserve pain, but then a decision has to be drawn. I hurt him and I hurt myself. Now we were friends – not too close and not too far.

The next poem is the sequel of my first confession. At the moment, I feel the man’s pain because his lover left him in distress. I didn’t accept the love that was offered to me by the person I asked of letting me go because I’m devoted to someone else – some one who never gives sight of my efforts and thoughts of him. I admired this man for a long time, allowing my admiration to grow like a sturdy tree. What made the man in the poem and I different is because I was left not because of jealousy but because of insecurity. I confessed to him of my feelings and after which he was never a good friend anymore. I was left with thorns in my heart, but still I delighted onto those thorns because it keeps me going on, strong and enduring.


For me love is a ring. It never ends. It is as well a big deal. It is a serious type of romance where in one should dedicated his or her life in discovering what lies inside it. It is something to be enjoyed of and be shared to everyone – to friends and family. It is not just a word it is a commitment to be cherished and be taken care of as long as we live.

I also concur to the wisdom given by 1 Corinthians 13: 4 -8 about love. Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,
it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.


I believe that everyone longs for love. Even a child inside his mother’s womb kicks just to solicit for attention – for love. And love is certainly achievable. Love is in the air, all it takes is deep breathing in order to take it into our lives. It surely is for real and not an illusion. Remember that God first loves us and everything He gives is for real. Therefore tangible enough to be received and is/ should be given for free.

5 comments:

how to make a girl squirt said...

Like your blog it's good and nice with interesting stuff..
How To Get A Girlfriend
Thanks

how to make a girl squirt said...

Good and interesting information..
Uplifting Quotes
Thanks

how to make a girl squirt said...

Blog's information is nice and good...
How To Get A Girls Number 
Thanks

Rajasthan Hotels Providing Immaculate Services said...

Love is a wonderful thing it happens with human being, it happens by nature also etc. it has no definition...
How To Make A Girl Squirt
Thanks

how to make a girl squirt said...

Really it's a nice information about Love. Love happens with every one by human, nature etc...
How To Eat A Girl Out
Thanks